Unless expressly stated otherwise, the findings, interpretations and conclusions expressed in the Materials on the Sites are those of the various LSVC Users, staff members, consultants and advisers to LSVC who prepared the work and do not necessarily represent the views of LSVC, or its Member States. The designations employed and the presentation of material in the Sites do not imply the expression of any opinion on the part of LSVC concerning the legal or development status of any territory, country, city, or area or of its authorities, or concerning the delimitation of its frontiers or boundaries.
Certain mobile applications offered directly or indirectly by LSVC can be downloaded from third party “app stores” including, without limitation, iTunes and Google Play, and, as such, they are subject to the separate terms of the respective third-party service providers. It is your responsibility to check the privacy policies and terms of service and usage of all third-party sites, stores, and services prior to downloading or using the LSVC mobile applications.
Sites Features & Submissions
The Sites may contain bulletin boards, chat rooms, access to mailing lists or other message or communication facilities (collectively, “Site Features”). The User agrees to use the Site Features only to send and receive information, content, messages, and materials that are proper and related to the particular Site Feature. By way of example, and not as a limitation, the User agrees that when using Site Features, he or she shall not do any of the following:
- Publish, post, distribute or disseminate any defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful material or information;
- Upload or attach files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy and publicity) unless the User owns or controls the rights thereto or has received all consents therefore as required by law;
- Upload or attach files that contain viruses, corrupted files or any other similar software or programs causing damage to the operation of another’s computer;
- Delete any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels in any uploaded file;
- Circumvent, disable or interfere with the Sites, the Materials or the Site Features;
- Delete any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels in any file or content that is uploaded;
- Falsify the origin or source of software or other material contained in an uploaded file;
The User acknowledges that, unless otherwise specified for a Site or Feature, all Site Features and discussion groups are public and not private communications.
Further, the User acknowledges that any postings, communications, content and any other material that a User or other users of the Sites post, submit, upload, or otherwise provide to the Sites (“Submissions”) are not endorsed by LSVC, and shall not be considered to have been reviewed, screened or approved by LSVC. LSVC does not claim ownership of any Submissions provided by the User or other users of the Sites. However, by posting, submitting, uploading, or otherwise providing Submissions, the User grants LSVC a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sub-licensable and transferable license to use, display, distribute, reproduce, modify, remix, translate, transcode, excerpt, adapt, prepare derivative works of and compile, publicly perform and publicly display any or all Submissions in any media format or medium for any purpose whatsoever in connection with LSVC.
LSVC accepts no responsibility or liability in respect of content of any Submission.
Disclaimers & Indemnification by User
The use of the Sites, the Materials and the Site Features is at the User’s sole risk. The Sites, the Materials and the Site Features provided on the Sites are provided “as is”, without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, without limitation, warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. LSVC specifically does not give any warranties or make any representations as to the accuracy or completeness of the Sites, Materials or Site Features. The User specifically acknowledges and agrees that LSVC is not liable for any conduct of any User.
The Sites may contain advice, opinions, and statements of various information providers. LSVC does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement, or other information provided by any information provider, any User or any other person or entity. Reliance upon any such advice, opinion, statement, or other information shall be at the User’s own risk.
The Sites may contain links and references to third-party websites. The linked sites are not controlled by LSVC, and LSVC is not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. LSVC provides these links only as a convenience, and the inclusion of a link or reference does not imply a LSVC endorsement of the linked site.
Under no circumstances shall LSVC be liable for any loss, damage, liability, or expense incurred or suffered that is claimed to have resulted from the use of the Sites, including, without limitation, any inaccuracy, error, omission, interruption or delay, deletion, defect, alteration, or use with respect thereto, infection by virus or any other contamination of, by anything which has destructive properties, communication line failure, regardless of cause.. Under no circumstances, including but not limited to negligence, shall LSVC be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, or consequential damages, even if LSVC has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- LSVC periodically adds, changes, improves, and/or updates the Sites, the Materials on the Sites, and the Site Features without notice.
LSVC reserves its exclusive right in its sole discretion to:
- alter, limit or discontinue the Sites, any Materials or Site Features in any respect; and
- LSVC shall have no obligation to take the needs of any User into consideration in connection therewith nor to alert any User of such actions.
- LSVC’s name, emblem and its abbreviation are the exclusive property of LSVC and are protected under international law. Their unauthorized use is prohibited, and they may not be reproduced or used in any manner without LSVC’s prior written permission.
- The mention or omission of specific companies, their products or brand names on the Sites does not imply any endorsement thereof on the part of LSVC.
- The Users shall not remove, obscure, or alter any legal notices displayed in or along with the Materials or Site Features.
- the return or destruction of goods or any property, whether tangible or intangible, or of any information provided hereunder; or
- that any other protective measures be taken with respect to the goods, services or any other property, whether tangible or intangible, or of any confidential information provided hereunder, as appropriate, all in accordance with the authority of the Lagos State Government.
- The arbitral tribunal shall have no authority to award punitive damages. LSVC and the User shall be bound by any arbitration award rendered as a result of such arbitration as the final adjudication of any such dispute.
- Nothing herein shall constitute or be considered to be a limitation upon, or a waiver of, the privileges and immunities of LSVCs, which are specifically reserved.
Your privacy when using LSVC Sites is of utmost importance to LSVC. Read more about your right to privacy here.
A cookie is a piece of data stored on the User's hard drive containing information about the User. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information while on the Sites.
By setting a cookie, LSVC will remember you the next time you visit the Sites and, therefore, LSVC will not have to ask questions that you have already answered.
You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits it, although in that case, you may not be able to use certain Site Features and may be required to re-enter information more frequently to use certain services on the Sites.
What does LSVC do with the information it collects?
Anonymous web usage
The information gathered during general browsing of the lsvc.ng domain is used to analyze trends and usage of the LSVC Sites and to improve the usefulness of the Sites. It is not connected with any personal information. However, if you have registered with LSVC in connection with any activity on the Sites, the information we collect about your normal web usage will be identifiable to you.
Use of Personally identifiable information
LSVC may use the personal information you provide to, among other things:
- Contact you – either in response to a query or suggestion, or to mail newsletters, documents, publications, etc. to you;
- Manage and process your job application;
- Confirm your registrations on the Sites;
- Retain your online profile and preferences for future visits to the Sites;
- Help you quickly find information that is relevant to you based on your interests, and help us create Site content most relevant to you;
- Undertake statistical analysis.
The collection, retention and use of personally identifiable information will be subject to LSVC’s regulations, rules, policies, and procedures and to the Personal Data Protection and Privacy Principles available here.
What if I don’t want to provide personal information?
Providing personal information on the Sites is optional. If you choose not to provide personal information, you can still browse and use the Sites, but you will not be able to carry out certain actions with the Site.
Opting out and changing your information
At any time, you can cancel or modify your information by returning to the webpage where you first provided the information and contacting the focal point for that page/relevant LSVC department or, in certain instances, such as donations, logging into your account and changing the information there.
You may elect to receive communications such as newsletters and other material from LSVC. If you do, you will have the opportunity to stop receiving such communications at any time by accessing the Sites and editing your contact preferences or by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the emails.
We do not share any personally identifiable information volunteered on the Sites with any third party without the information owner’s prior consent. We do, however, share some User information with our partners, selected agents, or service providers, for example, external contractors working to maintain our websites, for the sole purpose of helping us do our work.
LSVC employs a range of techniques and security measures based on best practices to protect the information maintained on our system from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, UNDP assumes no responsibility for the security of information.
Notification of changes